To use this service, you must be at least 15 years old.
Hesume.com (the “Site”) is an online service created to help high school students connect with local employers for part time or seasonal work suitable for the students. The Site is operated by Hesume.com, Inc. (the “Company”, “us,” “our,” or “we”).
This is a legal agreement (“Agreement”) between you and Company. Please read the Agreement carefully before registering for hesume.com. By registering for hesume.com, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement (the “Terms”). If you do not agree to the Terms, you are not permitted to use hesume.com.
The Terms are subject to change by Company, at any time, without notice, effective upon posting of updated Terms on our website. Persons who are under 15 years old may not register for hesume.com. By registering with hesume.com, you represent and warrant that you are at least 15 years old.
The Company reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate your registration with hesume.com, without notice, upon any breach of this Agreement by you which is brought to Company’s attention.
Your registration with hesume.com is for your sole, personal use. You may not authorize others to use your user identification and password, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity.
Your license to use the Site does not extend to any collection, aggregation, copying, duplication, display or derivative use of the Site nor any use of data mining or similar data gathering and extraction tools for any purpose unless expressly permitted by the Company.
A limited exception is provided to general purpose internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that use such tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to this Site, provided they each do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent.
The Company provides a forum for you to connect with others. The Company does not screen or prequalify any contributor to the Site. It is your sole responsibility to decide who to meet and who to provide your personal information to. You expressly agree that the Company is not responsible for the conduct or actions of any person you may meet on, through, or as a result of the Site.
You are solely responsible for all content or information you provide to us to publish or display (hereinafter, “post”) on hesume.com.
You may not post or transmit any material or content on or through the Site:
- that violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others;
- that discloses private personally identifying information of another person that could lead to identity theft;
- that solicits, encourages, or promotes the use of illegal substances or activities;
- which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, derogatory, constitutes invasive of privacy or publicity rights, is fraudulent or tortuous, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, bigoted or hateful, intimidating, profane, scandalous, pornographic, indecent or otherwise objectionable;
- that is protected by the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other proprietary rights of anyone other than you;
- that expresses or implies that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent; or
- that gives rise to civil or criminal liability, encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense or otherwise violates any local, state, or federal law.
You may not post or transmit on or through the Site:
- software or other materials that contain viruses or other programs harmful or disruptive to the Site or other websites;
- chain letters; mass mailings; spam mail;
- any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or its contents.
You may not:
- misrepresent who you are or impersonate another person;
- engage in any activity on the Site that restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Site such as “hacking,” “hijacking,” “cracking,” “spoofing,” or defacing any portion of the Site;
- harvest or collect information about Site visitors or Registered Users without their express consent;
- use the Site to defame, abuse, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others or for any fraudulent purpose;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site;
- create a database by systematically downloading and storing Site content;
- frame or mirror any part of the Site without our prior written consent;
- interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
You will use hesume.com in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations. By posting information on hesume.com, you warrant and represent that the information is truthful and accurate.
While we do not and cannot review every message posted by users of the Site, and are not responsible for any content of these messages, we reserve the right, but are not obligated, to delete or remove any post.
Opinions, representations, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through hesume.com are those of their respective authors and not of Company, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for the accuracy of such content.
Company does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on hesume.com and neither adopts nor endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any representation, opinion, advice or statement made. Under no circumstances will Company be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted on hesume.com.
Copyrights, Trademarks and other Intellectual Property Rights
All materials, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, text, software, graphics, videos, music and sound that are part of the Site are protected by U.S. and state copyright laws, international treaties and other intellectual property laws.
All copyrighted or trademarked material or other intellectual property used on the Site is owned by us or others who have given us permission to use their protected intellectual property. The Site as a whole is also protected by copyright law and is owned by us, as is the compilation of posts on the Site.
You will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Company, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of your posts on hesume.com, including, but not limited to, any breach by you of the terms of this Agreement
Grant of Rights
By posting information or content to any public area of the Site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Company an irrevocable, perpetual, fully-paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
Disclaimer of Warranty
Company provides hesume.com on an “as is” basis and grants no warranties of any kind, express, implied, statutory, in connection with hesume.com or in connection with any communication with Company or its representatives, or otherwise with respect to hesume.com. Company specifically disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Company does not warrant that the Site’s connection to the internet will be secure, uninterrupted, always available, or error-free, or will meet your requirements, or that any defects in hesume.com will be corrected.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Company be liable to you for any incidental, consequential, or indirect damages arising out of the use of or inability to use hesume.com, even if Company or its agents or representatives know or have been advised of the possibility of such damages. In addition, Company disclaims all liability, regardless of the form of action, for the acts or omissions of other members or users (including, but not limited to, unauthorized users, or “hackers”) of hesume.com.
State by State Variations
Certain jurisdictions limit the applicability of warranty disclaimers and limitations of liability so the above disclaimers of warranty and limitations of liability may not apply to you.
You agree that New York law (regardless of conflicts of law principles) shall govern this Agreement, that any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive venue of the federal and state courts in the State of New York, and that you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts in the State of New York in connection with hesume.com or this Agreement.
The failure of Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The failure of Company or You to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
This Agreement, accepted upon registering for hesume.com, contains the entire agreement between you and Company regarding the use of hesume.com.
This Agreement may only be amended upon notice by Company to you, or by a writing signed by you and an authorized official of Company. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the Terms will survive termination of your registration with hesume.com. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
We will process notices of alleged infringement that we receive and will take appropriate actions as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws.
We will remove content in response to a valid DMCA notice. We will terminate the privileges of any user who uses hesume.com to unlawfully transmit copyrighted material without a license, express consent, valid defense or fair use exemption to do so. In particular, users who submit user content to hesume.com, whether articles, images, stories, software or other copyrightable material must ensure that the content they upload does not infringe the copyrights of third parties.
These Terms of Service were last updated October 2015.